Bad Day For Ralphie
Publication Date: Oct 1, 2015 (Coming Soon!)
Suggested Retail (Paperback):
Jim Christy’s newest collection of short stories, Bad Day for Ralphie, published by Hidden Brook Press, is sometimes idiosyncratic and quirky, often funky and strange but always poignant and emotionally provocative. Even though they often have a funny twist they are none the less moving and will appeal to just about everyone. Jim Christy has been described as a master story teller. This collection proves the point.
– Charles Bukowski: “You tell a hell of a good story. You remind me of Malraux.”
– Al Maclachlan, The Coast Reporter: “Christy is the best short story writer in North America.”
– George Woodcock, Books in Canada: Jim Christy is the last un-purged anarchist romantic in love with freedom and the way it manifests itself in the ways and doings of men and women.”
– June Callwood: 1974 – “Jim Christy is now, as he was when he published his very first piece of writing, one of the four or five best writers in Canada.”
– Quill and Quire: “Carnivalesque Imagery”.
– The Toronto Star: “A polymath of insatiable curiosity.”