— Bio of Richard M. Grove
— Selected Corporate Collections
— Private Collections
Gallery 001 – Digital Paintings: Substantiality
Gallery 002 – Digital Paintings: Sky Over Presqu'ile
Gallery 003 – Macro Photography: Oxido Rojo
Gallery 004 – Macro Photography: Oxido Rojo
Gallery 005 – Macro Photography: Oxido Rojo
Gallery 006 – Photography Constructs
Gallery 007 – Cuba photogaphs and Digital Paintings
Gallery 008 – Digital Paintings of Presqu'ile Provincial Park
You can also see a few pictures of Presqu'ile Provincial Park at - http://www.hiddenbrookpress.com/hbpRetreat.html#The_Park
Biographical Sketch of Richard M. Grove A.O.C.A. writers@HiddenBrookPress.com
Richard Grove is known as the man of the 7 Ps - Poet, Potter, President, Photographer, Painter, Publisher, Public Speaker.
Richard was born into an artist family in Hamilton, Ontario, on October 7, 1953. With both parents artists and gallery owners he had a unique and early introduction into the world of visual art. His first experience with art was with photography when at the age of thirteen he purchased, with his father’s enthusiasm and help, his first single lens reflex camera. Over the ensuing years, after leaving high school, he studied pottery at Mohawk College, design and pottery at Sheridan College, leading to his graduating in 1984 from the Experimental Arts Department at Ontario College of Art. In 1994 he graduated with honours from the Humber College, Arts Administration diploma course. In 2002 he returned to school to study computer courses relating to publishing.
Since graduating from Ontario College of Art, Richard has exhibited in more than twenty, solo and group exhibitions in Hamilton, Toronto, Boston, Calgary and Grand Prairie. He has his art in over thirty corporate collections across Canada, the most prominent of which are Esso Resources, Continental Insurance, Alberta Energy Corporation and Calgary District Hospital Group. These four companies alone represent a collection of almost thirty pieces of his work. Among the many corporate collections are six commissions of different styles and mediums ranging from pastel on paper to acrylic on canvas. His photography and digital paintings have been on the cover of numerous books and periodicals. His book of digital paintings and poetry entitled “Sky Over Presqu’ile” was published in 2003, “Substantiality” a book of digital paintings was published in 2006 with a book of photography entitled “Oxido Rojo” released in the fall of 2006 followed by a book of Photography entitled “tera firma”.
Along with his visual art Richard has been writing poetry seriously for decades and has had over 100 of his poems published in periodicals and has been published in over 25 anthologies from around the world. Including his poetry and photography he has 10 titles to his name. To mention only two of his poetry titles, his book entitled “Beyond Fear and Anger” was released in 1997 and his book published by Micro Prose, entitled “Poems For Jack” was released in 2002. He is also the author of numerous books with metaphysical themes including “The Mind–Body Connection”, “Metaphysical Healing For a Secular Age” and “A spiritual Study of Body”. You can reach him at email@example.com.
He is an editor and publisher and runs a growing publishing company called Hidden Brook Press from which he publishes poetry contest anthologies and books of every genre for authors around the world. Aside from being a published poet Richard has also exhibited his poetry in acrylic on paper paintings as well as in audio sculptures. For his poetry and prose Richard has won a few small prizes and honourable mentions as well as a finalist spot in two contest anthologies. For his short stories he has won a top ten prize.
Richard is the founder of the Canadian Poet Registry, an archival information website that lists Canadian poets including: biographical information, their book titles and awards. One can view this website at - http://www.hiddenbrookpress.com/Registry.htm. He was an active member of the Canadian Poetry Association for ten years serving on the executive for seven years including five as President. He is the founding president of both the CCLA (2004) – Canada Cuba Literary Alliance - www.CanadaCubaLiteraryAlliance.org and the CCLA Federation of Photographers (2006). The CCLA has an international membership and boasts a full-colour literary journal called The Ambassador and a literary e-newsletter called The Envoy. He is the founding president of the Brighton Arts Council and the co-founder of the Purdy Country Literary Festival.
Richard has also been a public speaker MCing poetry readings. He has been invited by a number of literary groups as Feature Speaker on various topics in Cuba, Germany, USA, New Zealand and Canada. He was also the Feature Author as publisher/poet in the October 1998 issue of “The Treasure Chest” published out of Virginia, USA and Feature Poet in “Poetry Canada” in 2004.
Richard now lives with his wife, Kim, in Presqu’ile Provincial Park situated halfway between Toronto and Kingston, south of the 401 hwy. Their location is a constant inspiration for their work.
Selected Corporate Collections
Richard has his work in over 30 corporate collections
- Access Art Calgary, Alberta
- Alberta Energy Corporation Calgary, Alberta
- Bow Valley Medical Centre Calgary, Alberta (7 pieces)
- Burton Consultants Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary Copy (Canon) Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary District Hospital Group Calgary, Alberta (15 pieces)
- Canadian Ceja Corporation Calgary, Alberta (3 pieces)
- Continental Insurance Toronto, Ontario (3 pieces)
- Design Grove Edmonton, Alberta (3 pieces)
- Esso Resources Canada Calgary, Alberta (13 pieces)
- Fringe Productions Toronto, Ontario -------------- (commission) (4 pieces)
- Holy Cross Hospital Calgary, Alberta (6 pieces)
- Macro Consulting Group Calgary, Alberta
- Marnie Cooper Interior Design Calgary, Alberta
- Mohan Design Toronto, Ontario
- Morrison Homes Calgary, Alberta ------------------ (commission) (4 pieces)
- Ontario Children's Mental Health Toronto, Ontario (6 pieces)
- Ossington Tire Toronto, Ontario (10 pieces)
- Pro Active Learning Calgary, Alberta ------------- (commission) (3 pieces)
- Queen Street Mental Health Hospital, Tor, Ont. -- (commission)
- Rockyview General Hospital Calgary, Alberta (5 pieces)
- Rose Studios Toronto, Ontario (3 pieces)
- Smiles Restaurant Calgary, Alberta --------------- (commission) (4 pieces)
- Spencer Design Calgary, Alberta ------------------ (commission) (8 pieces)
- Supercrete Edmonton, Alberta
- Tad Nakai Chiropractic Clinic Calgary, Alberta (6 pieces)
- The Impress Corporation Calgary, Alberta
- Water Mark Studios Toronto, Ontario
- Westburne Luxury Bath and Kitchens Calgary, Alberta
Richard Grove's work is in many hundreds of private collections around the world including:
Cuba, USA, New Zealand, Germany, France.